It was such a great experience! I went last year for the 1st time and was completely overwhelmed but my 1st year as a KW family member was super awesome! I walked away with pages and pages of notes but here are some of my favorite take-aways or aha’s:
- Chris Gardner said, “I made 200 cold calls a day on a rotary phone. Everyday. See how this finger is cockeyed? Next time you sit down at your desk, look at your finger. If it’s too straight, you know you ain’t doing your thing.” To see his finger, go to 5:22:
- Mark Willis, our CEO, said that “we want you to be inspired to grow your careers and to grow this company with the fierce urgency of now,” something I abbreviated as FUN.
- Russell Rhodes of the Dallas Preston Rd. MC said to “hire people with a servant’s heart. Our service to our clients absolutely comes first. When you remember that the business will come.” I’m a firm believer, Russell.
- Matt Fetick, a Mega Agent and KWU International Master Faculty, has truly taken his business mobile using virtual assistants, VoIP, Dropbox, Shoebox and Dragon Dictation.
- In Gary Keller’s Vision Speech he said that “you need to be the professional delivering the perspective and the projections so that your clients make informed decisions.”
- 72% of Buyers said they’d used their Agent again but on 9% did… what’s that say to you? KIT – Keep in touch!
- “Every minute you live, you’re betting your life on your decisions. Live is an inside (to outside) job. If you want the best life experience, put yourself together first.” – Gary Keller, KW’s Founder
- Gary Keller also said that he comes “from a long line of lethargic people. That’s why I have to make hard decisions on how I spend my time.”
- Tony DiCello, Director of MAPS Coaching, said to do the following: a) write down your income goal. Then DOUBLE it! b) Become self-aware. This gives you integrity. c) Write down the number of listings you want this year. Knowing that it takes 12 hours of prospecting to generate 1 listing, are you spending enough time prospecting? d) Go back to #1 and realize that Chris did that because his son’s life depended on it.
- I have more than ten so I’m going to string together some quotes from Gary Keller:
- If you haven’t failed, you aren’t trying.
- Fail your way to success.
- I don’t think A to B. Blow up the alphabet and only think about Z.
- I want to live the biggest life possible and fail as often as I can.
- Somehow we think the little things will add up but they don’t, they stay little. (on thinking bigger)
- No one succeeds along. (hire well and plug your holes/weaknesses)
Now, take this and do something with it. Motivate yourself toward the life you want. As The Rock says: “Boots to Asses”! Get going or Get out!
Make it a great Thursday!