Most of you probably have your taxes impounded (meaning when you make your monthly payment, your taxes are taken care of with that). Either way, you have an opportunity to reduce your taxes. Forbes wrote an article entitled 10 Steps to Cut Your Real Estate Taxes that just didn’t sit well with me. They seem to make it sound so much more complicated that it is. And, maybe in other states it is a complicated process. You’ll love these 10 Steps… mostly because they were so, er, obvious!
- Pay Your Taxes – Really?! You’re kidding, Forbes!
- Find the Assessment Date – June and November, California…
- Mind the Appeals Window
- Determine the Assessment Cycle
- Find the Fraction – they mean of your market value vs. what you owe
- Locate Your Property Tax Card
- Find Comparable Properties
- Consider Hiring an Expert – And, by hire they mean pay someone…
- Look for Homestead Breaks
- Search Out Other Exemptions
Want to know what I think of their 10 Steps? That’s WAY too overwhelming! Try my 1 Step. It’s really simple… call me! That’s it. Just call me and I’ll take care of any appeals, assessment cycle, market value and finding comps. You will, of course, need to keep paying them and paying them on time but I’ve got the rest. And, what will this fabulous, valuable service cost you? Not a dime! I’m not going to charge you to take care of you. That’s silly.
Give me a call if you’re interested in having me help you with this or should you have any questions about anything you’ve read here or if you’re interested in any city in Southern California (particularly the San Gabriel Valley or Inland Empire), please feel free to call your favorite REALTOR
And, I can always send you a FREE Market Analysis on your home, just ask.