Tommy Hilfiger (best known for his preppy clothing line) has been trying to sell his 210-acre estate in Lake Tahoe (Tranquility) since ’06 and he just reduced the price on it. How much you say? 25%. Does it sound like much? Maybe not if your home is worth a couple hundred thousand but this place was originally listed for $100 Million so it’s now worth a cool $75M. What a steal! 🙂 I kid, I kid… but really, price reductions in the upper end are usually bigger chunks (and bigger percentages) than those in the entry or mid-level. Check out some pics to see if it’s worth saving for:
You’ll own a lake for cryin’ out loud!
Check out the Great Hall’s, wait for it, 30 foot windows! Jealous! I la-la-love lots of windows! This room (what an understatement!) also features a sky-lit entryway which boasts marble floors patterned after those in the New York Public Library.
Other facts about Tranquility:
- It took 150 works 3 1/2 years to build
- It consists of 8 buildings (including a stable, boat house, conservatory, art studio, guest house and gymnasium with indoor basketball court)
- It includes development rights to build additional structures on the property
- It sits on the largest privately held residential parcel at Lake Tahoe (although it cannot be subdivided)
- It’s being sold fully furnished so you could live just as the Hilfiger family has
- Final cool fact: The dining room features 300-year-old French plank flooring and there’s a cigar lounge modeled after the one in New York City’s St. Regis Hotel!