May is a rather busy month for most (and for me, too) but this year is coming with quite a force! First of all, my middle sister turns 24 this month and her daughter (my precious niece) is 3 today! My sister and my mom will be getting a call from me Sunday professing my gratefulness of both of them! I also have to recognize my godmother, aunts and not-a-mothers out here in SoCal! So many amazing women for little, ol me (i.e. luckiest girl in the world)!
This got me thinking about strong personalities that came before me and had me searching for quotes from some of my favorite women of the last century… Here are some gems that ya’ll might like:
- You must do the things you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt
- I’m not funny. What I am is brave. -Lucille Ball
- I’m no model lady. A model’s just an imitation of the real thing. -Mae West
- A woman in love can’t be reasonable – or she probably wouldn’t be in love. -Mae West
- It’s all make-believe, isn’t it? -Marilyn Monroe
- I think the main reason my marriages failed is that I always loved too well but never wisely. -Ava Gardner
- We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers – but never blame yourself. It’s never your fault. But it’s always your fault, because if you wanted to change you’re the one who has got to change. -Katharine Hepburn
- Never complain. Never explain. -Katharine Hepburn
- Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstone-but not the complete structure. It is much too pliable, too yielding. -Bette Davis
- I don’t sit around thinking that I’d like to have another husband; only another man who would make me think that way. -Lauren Bacall
- Elegance is innate. It has nothing to do with being well dressed. Elegance is refusal. -Diana Vreeland
- Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell. – Joan Crawford
- I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalog: – ‘No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.’ – Eleanor Roosevelt
Also, this month is a bittersweet reminder of my wonderful grandmother. Honest, strong, determined and a great cook! Dej mi pusu!
And the real reason this month is so nutty compared to most is because of the recent Credits (both Federal and CA). Lots of Buyers that got in before the expiration and lots that were waiting for it to expire so they could stop fighting as much for properties. Very busy summer ahead but with Kristin studying for the bar (Eek!), I have no distractions and plenty of time to work hard!